Nanotechnology Industries Association
The Nanotechnology Industries Association (NIA) is the leading voice of the nanotechnology industries. On behalf of membership across Europe and around the world, we support the development of nanotech innovations that improve the lives of consumers, preserve our environment and advance our world.
NIA and our Members are committed to the safe, sustainable and beneficial use of nanotechnology and nanomaterials across all industries. We believe in fostering a better understanding of nanotechnology’s important role in society and building a positive global environment for nanotech innovation.
The NIA has an opportunity for a person to join us from March 2017 and play a core role in our Brussels office plus European travel. The successful candidate will undertake tasks including:
· Support for our work within regulatory development for the nanotechnology sector
· Mapping and networking within the Brussels community associated with nanotechnology
· Support for NIA communications, including website redevelopment, plus event administration
· Contribute towards the publication of a nanotechnology report in Q3 2017
· Support for EC project delivery with the NIA team
· Secondment to Spanish research centre for a minimum of 1 month as part pf EC project – business and regulatory research activities
The candidate will have the opportunity to join a motivated small team and gain direct, in depth experience with industry actors in the tasks of delivering nanotechnology innovation within a robust regulatory framework. The candidate will develop a cv with task leadership
Minimum 6 month placement with possibility to renew for an additional 6 months
The internship is reimbursed – details provided on request
· Minimum degree level within nanotechnology or associated discipline
· Interested in regulatory development within technology sectors
· Minimum two languages including fluent written and spoken English
· Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure of deadlines and events
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, social media and website maintenance
· Strong work ethic and willingness to work across the NIA team
Please send a detailed cv with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12.