This event is free of charge and open to all actors interested in nanomaterials and their safe management throughout their lifecycle, using the principles of Safe by Design from the earliest development stages.
This event brings together projects active in the creation of Safe by Design across Europe to inform you of the long term benefits and commercial sustainability that Safe by Design brings to product development.
The online workshop runs from 1300-1630 CEST
1300-1400: An introduction to Safe by Design for industry
This session introduces the concept of Safe by Design, with examples of how it can be applied into different sectors and its potential impact on business and regulatory activities.
- Long term vision for nanosafety in Europe
- Introduction of Safe by Design and its relevance across sectors
- Safe by Design and long term legal corporate social responsibility impacts
1410-1510: Tools and frameworks for Safe by Design
This session presents the different tools and frameworks that support the implementation of Safe by Design. These can be tools for use directly by companies, or frameworks for decision making that can be implemented by expert service providers:
- Introduction: Understanding frameworks and tools
- The Safe by Design Implementation Platform - Temas
- LICARA NanoScan
- SUN project tiers
1520-1620: The future for Safe by Design in industry
The closing session will look at how Safe by Design will operate into the future and mature into an integral part of research and business development of nanomaterials safely to market.
- A vision of monitoring nanomaterials through the lifecycle
- Implementing Safe by Design
- Supporting Safe by Design; the NanoSafetyCluster, big data and the EU Observatory for NanoMaterials
European Commission, European Union Observatory for Nanomaterials (EUON), National Research Centre for the Working Environment (Denmark), NanoSafetyCluster, Nanotechnology Industries Association, NERC, RIVM, Squire Patton Boggs, TEMAS, TNO, Universita Ca Foscari Venezia, University of Birmingham,
Who should attend?
If you are a researcher or industrial actor involved in the development of nanomaterials, this webinar will help you to understand the safe by Design concept and how you can integrate principles into your own work. The webinar is open to all interested actors and is free of charge.